I love fun and festive cookie recipes! Especially this time of the year! I’m always on the lookout for great cookie recipes to add to my Christmas cookie tray, or to share at a holiday cookie swap! This strawberry pinch cookies recipe definitely fits the bill!
Strawberry Pinch Cookies
A fun and festive holiday cookie recipe idea.
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup softened Butter
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2½ cup Flour
- 1 cup Strawberry Jam or Preserves
- Powdered Sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy and blended.
- Gradually beat in flour until crumbly dough forms.
- Form into a ball and transfer to floured work surface.
- Roll out to about ⅛" thickness.
- Cut into 2" squares.
- Place about ⅓ teasponn of jam in middle of each square.
- Pull up two diagonal corners or each square and pinch together in the middle.
- Tranfer to prepared sheet leaving about an inch in between each.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Leave on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
These cookies are super easy to make just roll out the dough and top with strawberry jam! Then just pinch and bake! These cookies would also be great for a school party, or to give to a neighbor, the post man, your barber, grandma and grandpa, or your hair dresser for a fun and easy edible gift idea. You could give them by themselves or as part of a larger cookie tray.