Today I have some fun ideas for you using one of my favorite (and low cost) fall decorating materials~ gourds. I love using gourds to decorate in the fall, and they make fabulous party decorations and centerpieces. You can use gourds several ways, either by themselves with other fall favorites.
Gourds are inexpensive, and come in a large variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. I think that’s why they’re so versatile for fall decorating.
- Scatter them around the center of your tables, with a few miniature pumpkins and colorful fall leaves.
- Put them in a basket together.
- Paint faces on them, and make them fun for a kid’s party.
- Place them around the base of potted mums.
- Add them to a cornucopia.
- Dry them and cut them out to use as serving bowls.
- Mix fall flowers in with them for even more color and variety.
Gourds are so versatile, and since they’re also very affordable, especially if you grow your own.