Couples showers are becoming more and more popular lately. Why should the groom miss out on all the fun? Why not plan a shower that includes both the future bride and the groom, and all their friends together! The mixed crowd will have a wonderful time showering the lucky couple.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started planning your couple’s shower.
- Give your couple’s shower a theme. What does the couple enjoy doing together? Are they golf fanatics, do they both love football, NASCAR, a favorite movie, hiking, or cooking? If the happy couple have a common interest it can be a great theme for your shower.
- Make sure you note on the invitation that this is a couples shower, both men and women are invited, and gifts should be for the happy couple.
- Play games that encourage everyone to interact and learn more about the couple. Have the couple answer some questions in private before you start the shower, then play “He Said She Said.” Read the questions and answers out loud, then have your guests decide who said it, the future bride or the future groom.
- You can also ask the guests a series of questions to see how well they know the couple. A couple sample question ideas might be: Where was the bride born? How many brothers or sisters does the groom have? Where did the bride go to school?
- You can also make up some theme related games for your guests to play.
- Keep the food simple, with finger foods, appetizers, or pizza.
- Serve the guest of honor’s favorite cocktails or beverages.
- Make or buy theme related party favors that will work for both men and women. Golf balls in a small gift box for a golf party, cupcakes or hand dipped chocolates for a cooking party, or a Nerf football with the couple’s name and wedding date written on it for a football party.
Have you ever planned or attended a couples wedding shower? Feel free to share your favorite ideas.