The weather’s turning cooler, and that definitely puts me in the mood for fall flavors and entertaining.
I enjoy fall parties, because they’re usually cozier and slower paced than summer parties, I can also serve some of my favorite comfort foods to guests. If you’re looking for a recipe that for a cozy fall dinner party check out this recipe for roasted acorn squash. I love winter squash this time of year, it’s a comforting flavor.
This recipe is courtesy of Season 52 Restaurant. Their entire menu is created around a positive lifestyle, with natural cooking techniques, including open fire grilling. Yum!
- 1 ea Acorn squash
- 12 spritz Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Pinch Black pepper, fresh ground
- Wash acorn squash in cold water.
- Cut squash in half.
- Scrape out all seeds with large kitchen spoon.
- Cut acorn squash into 4 wedges.
- Place wedges on a sheet tray.
- Spritz squash with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season squash with salt and pepper; stand squash cut-side up on tray.
- Roast in 425º oven for 40 – 45 minutes total.
- Spritz twice with olive oil during roasting and turn tray in oven.
- Remove from oven and brush squash with spiced cider glaze.