Today I have a few summer party planning tips to share. It’s wonderful when you have everything planned out, and ready to go, so you can kick back and enjoy yourself at party time. Summer parties always work better when they’re laid back, and easy. A complicated formal summer party just isn’t as much fun.
Guests love to hang out around the pool, or on the back deck in their chair, playing a game of cornhole, horseshoes or around the grill on warm summer nights, talking and laughing about good times.
Keep your summer parties easy going and fun. Here are a few summer party planning tips to get you started:
- Set the mood for the party before your guests arrive. Add some tiki lights for decoration, or some candles placed on the tables to help set the mood.
- Keep the decorations simple, let the great outdoors do your decorating, with some simple single flowers in vases for table centerpieces.
- Look in your cabinets before you go to the grocery to see what you already have to serve to your guests. Sometimes some simple crackers and dip will save you from making an extra run to the store.
- You don’t have to make everything from scratch, use a few prepackaged items in with your homemade and no one will know the difference.
- Make dishes you can prepare ahead of time, marinade your meat the day before, make chilled desserts you can store in the fridge until party time.
I guess basically what I’m trying to say is, keep your summer party simple! Oh, and have fun and enjoy the night!